Sunday, April 6, 2008

Adult job

So i now have an official adult job and it scares me!!  since this job is really just a job to fill the space between undergrad and med school it scares me even more....because i am supposed to make "contacts".  I honestly have to wear fancy clothes and call up docs from UCdavis and schmooz....but the good thing is....they pay for trips!!!!  February they flew me out to a conference in New Orleans....i stayed on bourbon st and canal....right in the thick of it....and tomorrow i am flying to san francisco for another conference .  As it turns out, docs dont like to stay in motel eight, so we are hitting up the Hiatt at peir 49.......Dont be haters y'all (ok i am WAY to white to pull that line off). 
I guess uncomfortable pants and pointy shoes are a small price to pay for an all expense trip to one of my favorite cities, right on the pier.




5 comments:

Lyndsi said...

My little Rob is all grown up! Pointy shoes even! Congrats Obe... I hope you have fun and woo your doctors!

carly k said...

Yah, jerk. Quit complaining.

:)

jamie lynette said...

I'd like to see some pictures of you in uncomfortable pants and pointy shows...And Chacos are not considered pointy Robyn!

Robyn said...

I know!!! i keep trying to justify wearing the chacos to work....i think i can get away with the super strappy ones....maybe, on a friday

ChrisandSara said...

Wow! I am jealous that you get to travel and see so much. I see your mom every once in a while at work and ask how you are doing. It's been a long time since I have seen you. I had to look at some of your older blogs to see a pic. of you. You need to put more Pic. of you up. I hope all is well.
Sara "CARTER" Poole
chrisandsarapoole.blogspot.com