Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My heros

Sos this weekend, my brother dan ran a race. This wouldnt seem like such a big deal to anyone i know, but he ran a 50 MILE race. Even still, weirder things have happened, but get this: As of three years ago, my bro was pushing 300 lbs.....he was a good 75-100 lbs overweight. One day, he just signed up for a marathon, started training and now he is running 50 mile races. I have got to say he is an inspiration to me. I am always complaining about the ten extra pounds i want to get rid of, and he went and dropped 75. WOW. He did this with two kids and a full time job, my ten ought to be cake. way to go Dan!

Next i have to give tribute to my aunt Chris. My aunt chris was the youngest woman ever to be appointed to a state supreme court. She is also the FIRST woman justice in Utah. She is now the Chief supreme court justice in Utah and she is a democrat. Not that this should matter, but as we all know, this state tends to bleed red through and through, so needless to say she must do her job pretty well to keep her position, which she does. She does her job so well in fact, that earlier this month she recieved the Rehnquist award: a national award appointed to one state justice a year based on fairness and outstanding work ethics. She goes to D.C. where she will recieve her award. I am so proud. Way to go aunt Chris!

1 comment:

Jonathan, Kaity & Halle said...

ROBYN!!!!!!!! I'm SO excited to hear from you. I haven't seen you in SO long! Geez, how are you? Haha, I can't help but laugh when I think of all the memories we have together. Running over mailboxes, George Lin... oh man. Did I ever tell you that he would randomly stop by my dad's house until like 2 years ago. WEIRD!!! Hahaaa. Oh man! I love that you are a runner. Let's get together sometime and you can train my butt for a marathon!