Monday, October 8, 2007

Nobel


After YEARS of waiting, congrats to Mario Capecchi for winning the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. for those of you who are interested, he discovered how to knock out genes in mice in order to study diseases. So essentially, he has found a way to target all disease to specific genes making studying and curing those diseases a hell of a lot easier. he works in my building and I was lucky enough to have dinner with him a few years ago. the man is pretty impressive, especially considering his mother was taken by the gustapo when he was 4 and he lived on the streets until he was 7. can you imagine being homeless and alone at the age of seven?? anyway, he has a fascinating life story.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, its kailee. I want to see some pictures of yourself. I am glad things are going good.

Robyn said...

sorry kailee!

at the moment my computer is down so i do all of this at work, once it is up and running i will get some pics up!