Friday, October 19, 2007

to Jamie- who still doesnt believe i ever studied abroad

This is the Cartier on Champs Elysee. I didnt really care that much but both of my roomates thought it was pretty cool
the twinkling Eiffel Tower.....we would gather here at night with friends and sit and talk
My personal favorite, Sacre Coure....this was a few blocks from my house
The stained gladd at Sante Chapel...the entire room was just stained glass windows....supposedly it housed the crown of thorns...but no one really knows because only the king was allowed inside (funny how that works out!)
This is my little bedroom window in our teeny apartment. I had the coolest window though...even though we were in the dirtiest part of the city, the wrought iron windows could not be beat!
This is the outside of the louvre. I would come here after class and wander. STudents in France get into the Louvre for free so it was always a good place to stop on the way home
My school was right next to this intersection. The Seine and Notre dame were right there. I would sit in that cafe and laugh at my rude waitor.
At Christmas they put together a ferris wheel at the intersection of the Louvre Gardens and the Champs Elysee. I wanted to ride it pretty badly but i didnt get the chance before i went home. That pointy thing in the distance is the Eiffel Tower.




Jamie, i decided to include some iconic french spots, and one with me in them....so you didnt think i just downloaded them off the internet :) i promise i studied abroad...it was the greatest time ever too! Once i get my computer up and running again i will post some more.








3 comments:

jamie lynette said...

Nice and I am honored to have a blog post dedicated to me! I'd love to see more when you get a chance! If you want to send me chocolates to convince me further I'd really appreciate it.

Heidi said...

Your pics are awesome! I want to go to france someday...my husband went there on his mission, so we better go.

Brynn said...

Hi friend! Sorry that I haven't written you back yet. Anyway, I love these pictures. I went to France a few years back and these pictures take me down memory lane. Did you read my blog about a cheer reunion? Interested? Will you be here during the holidays?