Monday, December 7, 2009

Pick up line of the....week/month/year

I considered starting the pick up line of the week....but let's be honest, that may be a little egotistical of me to think that will happen on a weekly basis.

so here is my new section: PICK UP LINE OF THE WEEK/MONTH/YEAR

Since i have just embarked on singledome, I am embracing it like a champ and trying to work my charm on the masses of single men in SLC...hahah, so far I have not been terribly successful, but i have received some humorous pick up lines and since many of my blog followers (or the two) are attached, i might as well humor you with a few lines.

Premise: my single buddy Katharine (tall leggy blonde runner/med school student....yeah guess who gets all the guys?) and I are pulling into piper down, a local sports pub. katharine and I do not have TV, so we come by this place often to watch the games. As we pull up we notice a gaggle of adorable men are outside smoking (damn smoking! it ruins so many adorable men). They notice us as well and as we exit the car we hear the following:

"Hey, you girls are a lot hotter than we thought you were"

thanks....i think??? I dont know if this was meant as a line or just a heads up like "hey dont worry you arent ugly" comment to make us feel better, or maybe just a warning that through the window of a car, we look terrible. It didnt get them too far, but katharine and i thought it was pretty funny.

I rate this pick up line a C..... not very creative, not very smooth, didn't illicit any sort of response, but made me smile for a few minutes.

1 comment:

Morgan and Joel said...

Totally made me laugh Robyn. Good luck in the single life.