Thursday, August 14, 2008

The most dangerous site on the web....

Hav you ever found a place so wonderful that the little kid in you tries to keep it a secret from everyone so it can be just yours.........i am fighting that little snot-nosed brat right now.




http://www.etsy.com/ .................ie wonderful


I am a terrible artist, but if there is one thing I LOVE it is collecting art. This is a database of "art stores" which are independent artists wanting to get their names out there...it is genious because it provides a place for artists to sell/buy/and browse hundreds of thousands of other artwork....it is like an art fair on crack.....one wonderful thing is, since a lot of these are unknown artists, the prices are unbelievable!
if you end up enamored like i am....be sure to say i referred you (robynmoore is my user name) i am hoping i get a little thank you or something from etsy.....they seem to be real people pleasers


happy shopping!!!

I had quite the time trying to decide on what pics to put up here...there are BILLIONS!! this purse won me over cuz it was $20 I love these earrings-plus about three hundred other pair....i just love the thought that these are one of a kind....and someone dreamed up these little danglers

I have never seen this before...it is called a scarflette....i am pretty out of the loop, but i think this is adorable

And of course, someone out there HAD to make a mosaic of the TEXAS state flag.....weird....but i thought since i was so hard on texas the other day i would post this pic......

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Glad you finally discovered etsy. it's pretty fab. And Texans are weird! I can say that since I live here, right? I still have a hard time taking people seriously when they bust out their Texas pride.

Lacey said...

It's pretty amazing how Texans can turn anything into a trashy display of state pride. I was glad that you at least somewhat approved of Austin.

jamie lynette said...

I dunno growing up I wasn't a fan of Texas (being from Cali), but people can get some pretty good cracks in about UT as well. We've actually heard great things about living in Texas and are searching for Travis to get a job there (among other places)...but when houses are cheap, football programs are great and people are nice...sign me up to move there!

But yes Etsy is cool! And totally a Robyn thing! One of the law wives that just graduated (well her husband did) embelishes baby onsies and sells them on there.

Oh and your skinny people vs. the majority post was awesome. Gosh people can be so rude. And your cartoon was perfect!

Lisa Raines said...

Blast from the past! Robyn you look so good. I was blog jumping and saw your name so i had to say hi!

Morgan and Joel said...

Robyn - I didn't know you had a blog! What an entertaining read. I liked seeing all of you pics.