Friday, October 30, 2009

Back from the dead....

Hi loyal readers (the two of you out there)! It has been ages since I posted. I dont have much to write about, but i thought i would do a little updating.
Since March I have....

become single!! (ready to mingle?? maybe....)
gone to buenos aires....pics below
moved (down the block)
started to get my masters in public health
bought a ski pass (YAY!)
bought a computer
been involved in a law suit
been pregnant (hahahah, jk, making sure you are paying attention)
gotten another piercing -this one is true
reacquainted myself with climbing - climbing and i had a brief falling out- we are good now!
taken up yoga
taken up swimming
ran in the snow - just this week!
met Korean gangsters (no lie)
got invited to a Korean Gangsters yacht party
ran into a famous Gucci model on the streets of argentina and swoooooned
got myself a gay Peruvian boyfriend- aaah, Ivan!
ate piranha- this thing still had its teeth!
ate the stomach of an unknown animal- it didnt kill me so that is good
ate blood sausage (Love it!)
ate sweet breads (SO GOOD)
ate my first oyster (also GOOD)
gave up my dog (sad but true....i lost her in the break up)
been happy- lots of drama has been surrounding my life for a while, but i must say i am happy!

Here are some Argentina pics. I went with my lovely sister and played with my friend, Davin. He has lived in Buenos Aires for the past five years and loves it there. He has a GREAT group of friends who are excellent at dancing all night long and making us sad non-spanish speakers feel at home. I am so glad I went, it was a great time. Buenos Aires is a very cool ecletic city with lots of old and new architecture. It feels a lot like Europe but is a lot cheaper. We ate like kings and ran around town for two weeks enjoying food, art, music, and dancing. I have to go back soon, and you all should go at least once.




Here we are at Evita's museum, those are her dresses in the background....we are making the "it is so sad Evita died of cancer" face. This is actually very sad, because she was a pretty awesome lady....the randomness of B.A. This is a very french building that looks like it has been chopped in half. the buildings around it are all shorter, and feel like dirty strip mall buildings.
This is my cute sis, Megs in La Boca. This is the touristy section of the city. Lots of tango, art, and color
Here we are in Tigre. You cant really see any of tigre, but it is essentially a city built on little rivers (almost like florence only more backwoodsy). You take a river taxi up and down the rivers and stop at whatever businesses you want to visit.
this is at the BA university. Its petals close at night!
downtown BA, where the yacht party was!! i didnt end up going, because i am pretty sure getting mixed up with Korean Mobsters is not the best idea. They seemed very nice to me, but apparently they kill people....hmmm
This is a famous bridge in BA by a famous European artist. I dont actually know his name, sad i know.....i do know he is famous though and i know that he wanted this bridge to represent a man and a woman in the act of making love......weird, i know, artists are weird.
this is my new place! It is very nice with exposed brick and a fancy new kitchen and hardwood floors. It is a definite upgrade.

I will try to be a little more present in my blogging....but i make this promise often and havent followed through too well...now that i have the new computer, i have no excuses!

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

BA looks fun!! Love the new place

carly k said...

Glad you are back. I was wondering... So, sorry about the break-up. That sounds like heavy stuff. You should get a new puppy now especially in that totally rad apt! I want to live there, too!

And I can NOT believe you when you say that you loved blood sausage! Barf-a-roni!!!!!!!

Ashley said...

Wow! You have been busy! Thanks for the updates though- inquiring minds want to know

Robyn Palmer said...

Good to see you back. Argentina looks great! I'm hoping to go there soon. You'll have to give me the inside scoop.

Lyndsi said...

I love your new place! ANd I'm so glad that you had fun in Argentina!!! And your first oyster!? Didn't you eat one on the Pier when we went to Cali on the science trip!? Remember when I threw mine up into the garbage can in front of all those hot sailors?!